D is for Dragon

D is for Dragon
Available Now at Lulu.com

Welcome to the Hearthside

The Hearthside is a blog for the writings of Nathaniel Hart. Check out the sample stories to the right. Check Below for updates on appearances, readings, and current work.

15 January 2013

Keeping the Fire: Letters Home: 1


Don't know what this is? Check out the Pages section to the right to learn more about the Keeping the Fire project. 

╩      15     ╩
My dearest Denza,

I have missed you these past few weeks of the new year. Please write back if you can, for I always like to see your delicate hand. And if writing the right letters intimidates you, well, then just tell Luminary Elmar to write them for you. Things have gotten harder since the last letter I sent but also they have grown far more exciting. I am learning much and I wish I could show you all the wonders that have been bestowed upon me. It is a great comfort to me that I can spare you the dangers I have also known. Please believe me, my darling one, that if I could be with you and Ulma I would. But the People need me and we must always meet the needs of the many over the needs of the few. I will come back soon.

A recent caller has invited visitations, Ere summer, our People expect new eastern Dormitories. 
Coralm in Studies never overhears the worries I tell half under solemnly.

Tomorrow, I am to go before the King in his council and confront the Djaght Mehethe directly. I expect it to be an event full of pomp and false praise. Remember, Denza, that the Domineerist's first concern is always to remain in power. Because of this, they can never really have the People's best interest in mind. Furthermore, they, and those around them, are obsessed with reminding them of their position. It is a strange, sick place that I have been sent to. But the only way to make it better is by making a good example of ourselves. We must show the People the way, not force them down it. How is your mother Ulma? I have not heard from her in a long, long time, but certainly she must have spoken to you recently. You must understand that both of your mothers love you, they both must do very important things for the People, which keeps them busy, and they both miss you dearly. Please tell Ulma that I miss her too, if she comes to see you.

All of my love to you, my Denza, who broke the chains that held down my heart,

-Polena


╩          ╩

No comments:

Post a Comment