D is for Dragon

D is for Dragon
Available Now at Lulu.com

Welcome to the Hearthside

The Hearthside is a blog for the writings of Nathaniel Hart. Check out the sample stories to the right. Check Below for updates on appearances, readings, and current work.

22 September 2012

Coming Home: The Cover

I am very pleased today to be revealing the cover of my forthcoming novel COMING HOME to be released in October. Have a look at this fantastic piece.



I worked with artist Sean Cox on this cover. I knew I had to work with Sean when I saw his collection of impressionistic film posters, a project he did largely for fun. I highly recommend check out his website at http://clockworkrevolution.com/ (click on the face to enter the site). I knew I wanted something that implied the isolation of the story, it's science fiction theme, and the larger scale of the setting. What I told Sean originally was "Children of Men meets Motorcycle Diaries" though I don't think it was the most apt description. Sean came up with a picture very similar to this one making excellent use of the negative space in the design to both imply isolation and convey a technical sophistication appropriate to the work. We worked together to fine tune the piece and I could not be happier with it.

COMING HOME will be released late October with a release party at the Alberta Street Public House. Additional reading dates will be forthcoming but I have already been booked again at Rain or Shine on Thursday December 20th. Until then, keep an eye on this space for more on COMING HOME

No comments:

Post a Comment